Challenge is ten days away!
I've been busy prepping and sewing (and packing for our late August move). I'm recreating a red silk Chinese damask gown from Colonial Williamsburg's collections (Accession Number 1985-143,2).
I found really awesome silk on ebay that I think is a close match for this project.
This is a skirt fragment from the same gown (CW Accession Number 2009-64)...
The fabric originally measured 54 inches wide. I cut it in half so each panel now measures 27 inches wide. The original fabric is 29 inches wide.
I veeery careefully laid out the pattern pieces and cut the fabric. I don't have any room for error (both for conserving the fabric and because of time constraints).
...the center back panel is pleated...
...and the sleeves are ready to go!