I think it's safe to say that I'm nearly at the home stretch on finishing my stays. Despite making countless errors such as...
|A spoonful of linen thread.|
...I ripped out the channels and restitched them. I then realized that I needed to remove the channel in the center of the front lacing panels because...
|Four of my completed panels, boned with reed.|
|The center back panels, boned and easy eyelets made.|
|Left front panel.|
|Detail of eyelets on left front panel.|
|Inside view of eyelets on left front panel. Yuck!!|
|Inside detail of center back panel eyelets.|
In trying to answer these questions, I've found a few originals online.
|Augusta Auctions, stays 1775-1785|
|Augusta Auctions, late 18th century stays|
|Detail of eyelets....they're so perfect!|