As you may remember, I wanted my lavender c.1800 gown to have long sleeves, like the extant gown I had based it after, but the general consensus was that this wasn't the right fit for 1800 New England. So I used this chance to swap the 18th century 3/4 length sleeves for the long sleeves I had initially intended.
I made the sleeve pattern so it extends past my palm and runs longer than normal shirt sleeves. It's similar to this extant gown, though my sleeve lacks that "Anne Shirley" poof.
Augusta Auctions, Pink & White 1820s Day Dress
At my December 2013 work program
I needed a few accessories to pull off this look, so I grabbed a plain brown bonnet from Austentation and bought a chemisette from Mimic of Modes on Etsy. I also debuted a short cloak that I had started ages ago (more about that in a later post).
For Christmas, my husband gave me the Regency House Party DVD. (I know it's old, but it's a new show to me.) The scenes have me interested to attend a Genesee Country Village-type event and I tried to scratch that itch by taking a little walk on a sunny day after Winter Storm Janus.
Check out those new, but vintage, leather gloves!
Yay, you're back!ReplyDelete
I think the gown turned out really well, and I love the bonnet and cloak with the gown. The gloves are a wonderful touch. Nicely done!
Yes, I got my computer fixed...thanks!Delete
I like the long sleeves. The snow pictures are fun!ReplyDelete
Thanks, I like this gown better with long sleeves too! The snow pictures are actually from my backyard...it looks so much better with snow. : )Delete